Executive Order 97-8
I, Frank Keating, by the authority vested in the Office of the Governor by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Oklahoma, due to the occasional necessity to temporarily close state offices due to unsafe working conditions such as presence of toxic fumes, life threatening damage to building structures, emergency operations, which would be disrupted by the presence of the usual work force, or by other condition that poses imminent peril to the safety of the work force, do hereby order:
1. The Director of the Department of Central Services is appointed as my designee for issuing declarations for closing of state offices of buildings which are subject to the jurisdiction of the Department of Central Services.
2. The Director is hereby authorized to take whatever action deemed necessary when hazardous conditions exist within state offices or buildings.
3. In those buildings housing state offices which are not subject to the jurisdiction of the Department of Central Services, Appointing Authorities or their designee shall make the declaration of emergency required to close the office to state employees due to conditions posing imminent peril to the work force.
4. Employees affected by such office closings shall be placed on Administrative Leave shall the workplace is closed.
5. Any agency located in a building subject to the jurisdiction of the Department of Central Services shall not close an office in that building without authority from the Director or a designee of the Director.
6. All office or building closings shall be reported to the Office of the Governor the same day the office or building is closed.
This executive order shall be distributed to the Director of the Department of Central Services who shall cause the provisions of this order to be implemented.
IN WITNESS HEREOF, I have set my hand and cause the Great Seal of the State of Oklahoma to be affixed at Oklahoma City, this 15th day of April, 1997.
BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA
Secretary of State
[Source: Added at 14 Ok Reg 2059, eff 4-15-97]