301 KAR 1:019. Cedar Creek Lake.
RELATES TO: KRS 150.025, 150.620,
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 150.025
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS
150.025 and 150.620 authorize the department to promulgate administrative
regulations restricting the use of state recreational areas. This administrative
regulation establishes the safety procedures for multiple use of state waters
to ensure noninterference with the primary users, fishermen.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Buffer
zone" means the area from the lake pool level of Cedar Creek Lake to a the
Section 2. Prohibited Activities in the
Buffer Zone. No one shall construct, alter, or place any structure of any kind
within the buffer zone. The following structures and items are specifically
(1) Private boat ramps;
(2) Private stairways or permanent steps;
(3) Private boat docks, boat houses, or
(4) Roadways, turnarounds or parking for
(5) Motorized vehicular traffic,
including all terrain vehicles;
(6) Electric lines, water lines, or other
public or private utilities without prior approval;
(7) Removal or destruction of vegetation
by any means;
(10) Painting of trees, stumps, or rock
(11) Picnic tables, swings, patios, or
(12) Flower or vegetable gardens;
(13) Livestock grazing or watering;
(14) Camping, except in designated areas;
(15) Use or placement of mechanical
Section 3. Footpaths that provide access
to the lake and are less than five (5) feet in width are permitted. Vegetation
less than one (1) inch in diameter may be removed to develop a footpath. Only
wood chips or similar natural material may be used to surface and maintain
Section 4. Water withdrawal from Cedar
Creek Lake is prohibited for public or private purposes.
Section 5. Activities on Cedar Creek
Lake. (1) Swimming is prohibited except in designated areas.
(2) Water skiing and tubing are
prohibited on the lake.
Section 6. Boat Restrictions. (1) Only
monohull boats that do not exceed a maximum center length of twenty-two (22)
feet are permitted on the lake. Pontoon boats are permitted on the lake, but
their length shall not exceed thirty (30) feet.
(2) Personal watercraft and houseboats
are not permitted on the lake. (27 Ky.R. 3467; Am. 28 Ky.R. 353; eff.
8-15-2001; 29 Ky.R. 2126; 2453; eff. 4-11-03.)