WACs > Title 284 > Chapter 284-16 > Section 284-16-200
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
(1) Within 90 days after the effective date of this regulation, a domestic insurer using a method of valuation permitted by WAC 284-16-180 shall file with the commissioner relevant information identifying, supporting and justifying the value of, and the basis of valuation used in accordance with the provisions of this regulation for each of its subsidiaries.
(2) Within 30 days after the acquisition of a subsidiary, a domestic insurer shall file with the commissioner relevant information identifying, supporting and justifying the value of, and the basis of valuation used in accordance with the provisions of this regulation for such subsidiary.
(3) A valuation basis used for a subsidiary shall thereafter be consistently used unless a change is substantiated as reasonable and on that basis is approved in writing by the commissioner.
(4) If a subsidiary is valued on the basis of WAC 284-16-180 (2)(a) and the books of the subsidiary are not audited at the time the valuation is included in the insurer's annual statement, the insurer shall thereafter report and explain the differences, if any, between the value of the subsidiary as reported in the annual statement and the value as determined by audit. Such report and explanation shall be made as soon as possible following such audit.
(5) If any subsidiary, which is not itself an insurance company, is valued other than on the basis of market value, there shall be deducted from the otherwise determined value a sum equal to the value claimed for any of its assets which would not constitute admitted assets for the insurer if held directly by the insurer, if such assets:
(a) Are held by the subsidiary but used, under a lease arrangement or otherwise, significantly in the conduct of the insurer's business; or
(b) Were acquired from or purchased for the benefit or use of the insurer by the subsidiary under circumstances that, in the opinion of the commissioner, support a finding that the primary purpose of such acquisition or purchase was the evasion or avoidance of RCW 48.12.010 or 48.12.020.
[Order R 76-7, Â§ 284-16-200, filed 11/30/76.]