§ 15.2-615. Activities for which manager is responsible.
The county manager shall be responsible to the board for the administration of the following activities:
1. The assessment of property for taxation and the preparation of the tax books;
2. The collection of taxes, fees and other revenues of the county;
3. The custody of and accounting for all public funds belonging to the county;
4. The procurement of goods, services, insurance and construction for the county;
5. The care of all county buildings;
6. The care and custody of all personal property of the county;
7. The construction and maintenance of county roads and bridges;
8. The administration of social service activities;
9. Public health work;
10. Such other activities of the county not specifically assigned to another officer or agency by this form of county organization and government or by other law.
Code 1950, § 15-318; 1962, c. 623, § 15.1-638; 1997, c. 587.