Section 11-61A-6

Published: 2015

Subscribe to a Global-Regulation Premium Membership Today!

Key Benefits:

Get a Day Pass for only USD$49.99.
Section 11-61A-6

Section 11-61A-6Changes and amendments.

(a) The board, by resolution, may change the name of the authority and may amend the certificate of incorporation if each of the following requirements are satisfied:

(1) The governing body adopts a resolution that is entered upon the minutes of the body approving the change of name or amendment of the certificate.

(2) If the board adopts a resolution changing the name of the authority, the board shall obtain from the Secretary of State a certificate stating that the change of name is not identical to that of any other corporation in the state or so nearly similar as to lead to confusion and uncertainty.

(b) The board shall file in the office of the judge of probate of the county in which the principal office of the authority is located each of the following:

(1) The resolution of the board changing the name of the authority or amending the certificate.

(2) A certified copy of the resolution of the governing body approving the action of the board.

(3) The required certificate prepared by the Secretary of State when the name of the authority is changed.

(c) The changes contained in the resolution of the board shall become effective at the time of filing.

(Acts 1994, No. 94-254, p. 470, §6.)