The Oregon Administrative Rules contain OARs filed through November 15, 2015
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT OR MEANING OF THIS AGENCY'S RULES?
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS RULES COORDINATOR CONTACT INFORMATION
DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE,
STATE ATHLETIC COMMISSION
PROFESSIONAL BOXING RULES
Statutory Definitions Apply
Unless otherwise provided in OAR chapter 230, the definitions in ORS 463.015 apply to the provisions of OAR chapter 230.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 463.413
Stats. Implemented: ORS 463.413
Hist.: BWC 1-1988, f. 3-22-88, cert. ef. 3-29-88; BWC 1-2002(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 2-15-02 thru 8-13-02; BWC 2-2002, f. & cert. ef. 8-15-02; SAC 5-2008, f. 6-12-08, cert. ef. 7-1-08
The following definitions also apply to OAR chapter 230, unless otherwise provided:
(1) “Amateur” means a contestant or participant in boxing or mixed martial arts who is not a professional.
(2) “Commission” means the Oregon State Athletic Commission.
(3) “Department” means the Oregon Department of State Police.
(4) “Director” or “Executive Director” means the Executive Director of the Oregon State Athletic Commission, referred to as the “administrator” in ORS 463.125.
(5) “Professional” means a boxer or mixed martial arts contestant who competes for or who has competed for a money prize, purse, or any other compensation in a boxing, mixed martial arts, or other unarmed combat event, whether licensed at the time or not. A boxer or mixed martial arts contestant who is or has been licensed in another jurisdiction as a professional boxer or professional mixed martial arts contestant is a professional.
(6) “Superintendent” means the Superintendent of the Oregon Department of State Police.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 463.113
Stats. Implemented: ORS 463.113 & 463.015
Hist.: BWC 1-1996, f. & cert. ef. 4-8-96; SAC 5-2008, f. 6-12-08, cert. ef. 7-1-08
The official copy of an Oregon Administrative Rule is
contained in the Administrative Order filed at the Archives Division,
800 Summer St. NE, Salem, Oregon 97310. Any discrepancies with the
published version are satisfied in favor of the Administrative Order.
The Oregon Administrative Rules and the Oregon Bulletin are
copyrighted by the Oregon Secretary of State. Terms
and Conditions of Use