WACs > Title 246 > Chapter 246-11 > Section 246-11-030
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
Appearance of parties.
If a respondent requests an adjudicative proceeding to contest the action, that party shall appear at all stages of the proceeding except as otherwise provided in this section.
(1) If the respondent is represented as provided in this chapter, the respondent shall appear personally at the hearing and at any scheduled settlement conference but need not appear at the prehearing conference or at presentation of motions.
(2) Parties may be represented by counsel at all proceedings.
(3) The respondent may appear by telephone at any portion of the proceedings conducted by telephone, in the discretion of the presiding officer following reasonable advance notice to the presiding officer and to the opposing party.
(4) The requirement of personal appearance may be waived for good cause in the discretion of the presiding officer.
(5) Failure to appear as provided in this chapter shall be grounds for taking final action by default.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.130.050(1) and 18.130.060(3). WSR 94-04-078, Â§ 246-11-030, filed 1/31/94, effective 3/3/94. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.130.050(1). WSR 93-08-003 (Order 347), Â§ 246-11-030, filed 3/24/93, effective 4/24/93.]