Notice of enforcement of regulation.
The Coast Guard will enforce various safety zones within the Captain of the Port New York Zone on the specified dates and times. This action is necessary to ensure the safety of vessels and spectators from hazards associated with fireworks displays. During the enforcement period, no person or vessel may enter the safety zones without permission of the Captain of the Port (COTP).
The regulation for the safety zones described in 33 CFR 165.160 will be enforced on the dates and times listed in the table below.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have questions on this notice, call or email Lieutenant Douglas Neumann, Coast Guard; telephone 718-354-4154, email email@example.com.
The Coast Guard will enforce the safety zones listed in 33 CFR 165.160 on the specified dates and times as indicated in Table 1 below. This regulation was published in the Federal Register on November 9, 2011 (76 FR 69614).
1. Brooklyn Law School, Ellis Island Safety Zone, 33 CFR 165.160(2.2)
• Launch site: A barge located between Federal Anchorages 20-A and 20-B, in approximate position 40°41′45″ N. 074°02′09″ W. (NAD 1983) about 365 yards east of Ellis Island. This Safety Zone is a 360-yard radius from the barge. • Date: June 11, 2015.
• Time: 10:10 p.m.-11:20 p.m.
2. Bronx Salutes America, Orchard Beach, The Bronx Safety Zone, 33 CFR 165.160(3.11)
• Launch site: All waters of Long Island Sound in an area bound by the following points: 40°51′43.5″ N. 073°47′36.3″ W.; thence to 40°52′12.2″ N. 073°47′13.6″ W.; thence to 40°52′02.5″ N. 073°46′47.8″ W.; thence to 40°51′32.3″ N. 073°47′09.9″ W. (NAD 1983), thence to the point of origin. • Date: June 25, 2015.
• Time: 08:50 p.m.-10:10 p.m.
3. City of Poughkeepsie Independence Day Celebration, Poughkeepsie, NY, Hudson River Safety Zone, 33 CFR 165.160(5.13)
• Launch site: A barge located in approximate position 41°42′24.50″ N. 073°56′44.16″ W. (NAD 1983), approximately 420 yards north of the Mid Hudson Bridge. This Safety Zone is a 300-yard radius from the barge. • Date: July 04, 2015.
• Time: 9:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
4. City of Yonkers July 4th Celebration, Yonkers, NY, Hudson River Safety Zone, 33 CFR 165.160(5.5)
• Launch site: A barge located in approximate position 40°56′14.5″ N. 073°54′33″ W. (NAD 1983), approximately 475 yards northwest of the Yonkers Municipal Pier, New York. This Safety Zone is a 360-yard radius from the barge. • Date: July 04, 2015.
• Time: 08:45 p.m.-10:15 p.m.
5. Peekskill July 4th Celebration, Peekskill Bay, Hudson River Safety Zone, 33 CFR 165.160(5.10)
• Launch site: A barge located in approximate position 41°17′16″ N. 073°56′18″ W. (NAD 1983), approximately 670 yards north of Travis Point. This Safety Zone is a 360-yard radius from the barge. • Date: July 04, 2015.
• Rain Date: July 05, 2015.
• Time: 08:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
Under the provisions of 33 CFR 165.160, vessels may not enter the safety zones unless given permission from the COTP or a designated representative. Spectator vessels may transit outside the safety zones but may not anchor, block, loiter in, or impede the transit of other vessels. The Coast Guard may be assisted by other Federal, State, or local law enforcement agencies in enforcing this regulation.
This notice is issued under authority of 33 CFR 165.160(a) and 5 U.S.C. 552(a). In addition to this notice in the Federal Register , the Coast Guard will provide mariners with advanced notification of enforcement periods via the Local Notice to Mariners and marine information broadcasts. If the COTP determines that a safety zone need not be enforced for the full duration stated in this notice, a Broadcast Notice to Mariners may be used to grant general permission to enter the safety zone.
Dated: May 11, 2015.
Captain, U.S. Coast Guard, Captain of the Port New York.
[FR Doc. 2015-15410 Filed 6-22-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9110-04-P