(A) In computing any period of time stated or allowed by Chapter 1513. or Chapter 1514. of the Revised Code or by the rules of this chapter of the Administrative Code:
(1) The day of the act or event from which the designated period of time begins to run shall not be included.
(2) The last day of the period so computed shall be included, unless it is a Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday, in which event the period runs until the end of the next day which is not a Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday.
(3) When the period of time stated or allowed is less than seven days, intermediate Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays shall be excluded in the computation.
(4) Legal holidays are defined in section 124.19 of the Revised Code.
(B) Whenever a party is required or permitted to respond to a document, and the document was sent by mail, the time for response shall be extended by three days, unless otherwise ordered by the commission.
(C) The commission may lengthen or reduce the time period allowed for any response or filing but the commission shall not lengthen or reduce the time for:
(1) Filing a notice of appeal or a request for temporary relief;
(2) Filing a petition for an award of costs and expenses including attorneys' fees;
(3) Giving public notice of hearings on the adoption, amendment, or rescission of rules; or
(4) Taking any other action where a time period is stated by statute, unless agreed to be the parties and approved by the commission.
(D) Any request for an extension of time for filing a document must be made within the time originally allowed for the filing of said document with the commission.