(A) An application for a backflow technician certificate, and a backflow technician certificate issued in accordance with Chapter 1301:3-7 of the Administrative Code, may be denied, revoked, suspended, or refused to be renewed, in accordance with Chapters 119. and 3703. of the Revised Code if the applicant for, or holder of, the backflow technician certificate has engaged in any of the following:
(1) Falsified documentation;
(2) Violated any provision of Chapter 3703. of the Revised Code or rules adopted pursuant thereto;
(3) Obtained a license by fraud, misrepresentation, or deception;
(4) Engaged in fraud, misrepresentation, deception, malfeasance, misfeasance, or nonfeasance in the conduct of business; or
(5) Performed work that exceeds the scope of the class of backflow technician certificate that the individual holds, in violation of rule 1301:3-7-02 of the Administrative Code.
(B) In accordance with Chapters 119. and 3703. of the Revised Code, the superintendent may:
(1) Suspend or revoke a backflow techician certificate for a specified period of time, from a minimum of six months to a maximum of life; and/or
(2) Require a holder of a backflow technician certificate to complete additional continuing education courses within a specified time period.
(C) Upon written notification of the action of the superintendent, the aggrieved may appeal pursuant to Chapter 119. of the Revised Code and rule 1301:3-7-08 of the Administrative Code.
Last updated May 28, 2021 at 9:56 AM