Section 9-6-5Procedure for incorporation.
(a) Within 40 days from and after the date of issuance by the Governor of his executive order authorizing the applicants to proceed to form a public corporation, as provided in Section 9-6-4, the applicants or not less than three of the applicants shall proceed to incorporate a public corporation by filing of record in the office of the Secretary of State a certificate of incorporation which shall comply in form and substance with the requirements of this section and be executed in the manner provided in this section.
(b) The certificate of incorporation of the authority shall state:
(1) The names of the persons incorporating the authority, together with their post office addresses and a statement that each of them is a qualified elector of the State of Alabama;
(2) The name of the authority (which shall include the words "environmental improvement authority");
(3) The location of the principal office of the authority, which shall be within the area of operation;
(4) A description, by county name or otherwise, of the area of operation;
(5) The objects for which the authority is incorporated;
(6) The period for the duration of the authority (which may be perpetual if so stated); and
(7) Any other matters relating to the authority not contrary to law which the incorporators choose to insert.
(c) The certificate of incorporation shall be signed by each of the incorporators and shall be acknowledged before an officer authorized by the laws of this state to take acknowledgments to deeds. When the certificate of incorporation is filed for record there shall be attached to it a certified copy of the executive order authorizing the incorporation of the authority. When the certificate of incorporation is filed in his office, the Secretary of State shall forthwith receive and record the same, and thereupon the authority shall be in existence under the name stated in the certificate of incorporation and shall constitute and be a public corporation and a political subdivision and instrumentality of the State of Alabama. Within 10 days following the date the certificate of incorporation is filed in the office of the Secretary of State, the incorporators shall notify the Governor in writing that the authority has been formed.
(Acts 1969, No. 1117, p. 2060, §5.)