Advanced Search

WAC 388-106-1475: How do I end enrollment in New Freedom consumer directed services (NFCDS)?

Published: 2015

Subscribe to a Global-Regulation Premium Membership Today!

Key Benefits:

Subscribe Now for only USD$40 per month.

WACs > Title 388 > Chapter 388-106 > Section 388-106-1475



Agency filings affecting this section

WAC 388-106-1475

How do I end enrollment in New Freedom consumer directed services (NFCDS)?

(1) You may choose to voluntarily end your enrollment from NFCDS without cause at any time. To do so, you must give notice to the department. If you give notice:
(a) Before the fifteenth of the month, the department will end your enrollment at the end of the month; or
(b) After the fifteenth, the department will end your enrollment the end of the following month.
(2) Your enrollment may also end involuntarily if you:
(a) Move out of the designated service area or are out of the service area for more than thirty consecutive days, unless you have documented the purpose of the longer absence in the NFSP; or
(b) Do not meet the terms for consumer direction of services outlined in the NFCDS enrollment agreement when:
(i) Even with help from a representative, you are unable to develop a NFSP or self-direct services or manage your individual budget or NFSP;
(ii) Any one factor or several factors of such a magnitude jeopardize the health, welfare, and safety of you and others, requiring termination of services under WAC 388-106-0047;
(iii) You become financially ineligible for medicaid services;
(iv) You no longer meet the nursing facility level of care requirement as defined in WAC 388-106-0355; or
(v) You misuse program funds and services as determined by the department.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090 and 74.09.520. WSR 13-18-039 and 13-17-125, § 388-106-1475, filed 8/29/13 and 8/21/13, effective 10/1/13. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.08.090, 74.09.520, 74.39A.030. WSR 06-16-035, § 388-106-1475, filed 7/25/06, effective 8/25/06.]