Advanced Search

§42-113-11  Commission-housing and conservation trust study commission. –

Published: 2015

Subscribe to a Global-Regulation Premium Membership Today!

Key Benefits:

Subscribe Now for only USD$40 per month.

State Affairs and Government

CHAPTER 42-113

Rhode Island Housing and Conservation Trust Fund Act

SECTION 42-113-11

   § 42-113-11  Commission-housing and

conservation trust study commission. –

(a) There is hereby created a "Housing and Conservation Trust Study Commission"

with thirteen (13) members as follows: the presiding officer, or the designee

of the presiding officer, of the Audubon Society of Rhode Island, Church

Community Housing Corporation, Grow Smart Rhode Island, the Housing Network,

the Rhode Island Association of Realtors, the Rhode Island Association of

Public Housing Authorities, the Rhode Island Builders Association, the Rhode

Island Chapter of the American Planning Association, the Rhode Island Council

of Land Trusts, the Rhode Island Housing and Mortgage Finance Corporation, the

Rhode Island Housing Resources Commission, the Rhode Island League of Cities

and Towns, and The Nature Conservancy. The representative of Grow Smart Rhode

Island shall call the organizational meeting of the commission, and the

commission shall elect from its members a chairperson, a vice chairperson and a


   (b) The purposes of the commission shall be:

   (1) To study the potential contribution of land trust

mechanisms to the development of low and moderate income housing, to evaluate

appropriate organization structures and financing mechanisms for such land

trusts in Rhode Island, and assess the potential and viability of the housing

and conservation trust fund established by this chapter; and

   (2) To report its findings and recommendations to the

governor, the speaker of the house and the senate president by February 1, 2006.

   (c) The commission shall terminate on July 31, 2006.

History of Section.

(P.L. 2004, ch. 286, § 4; P.L. 2004, ch. 324, § 4; P.L. 2005, ch.

139, § 1; P.L. 2005, ch. 297, § 1.)