WACs > Title 246 > Chapter 246-229 > Section 246-229-0090
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
What are the minimum requirements for particle accelerator use?
The minimum requirements for the registrant to use a particle accelerator are to:
(1) Register the accelerator with the department;
(2) Submit plan review/shielding design to the department and receive written approval;
(3) Train operators and users;
(4) Complete a qualified expert's radiation protection survey of the room/area initially and after any changes in shielding, equipment, or occupancy of adjacent areas;
(5) Provide appropriate portable radiation monitoring equipment that is operable and tested daily, and calibrated every six months, or after any service/repair;
(6) Develop operating and emergency procedures and keep a copy of the current procedures at the accelerator control panel; and
(7) If applicable, provide the means and guidance to determine airborne particulate radioactivity present in areas of airborne hazards, and/or particulate radiation contamination (smear surveys) in target and other pertinent areas.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.98.050 and [70.98.]080. WSR 02-14-050, Â§ 246-229-0090, filed 6/27/02, effective 7/28/02.]