Section 41-19-6Program and financial information to be submitted to Department of Finance by agencies/departments; preparation of information by Department of Finance upon failure of agencies/departments to transmit same; compilation and submission to Governor of summary of information.
(a) Each state agency/department, on the date and in the form and content prescribed by the Department of Finance, shall prepare and forward to the Budget Officer the following program and financial information:
(1) The goals and objectives of the agency/department programs, together with proposed supplements, deletions and revisions to such programs;
(2) Its proposed plans to implement the goals and objectives, including estimates of future service needs, planned methods of administration, proposed modification of existing program services and establishment of new program services, and the estimated resources needed to carry out the proposed plan;
(3) The budget requested to carry out its proposed plans in the succeeding fiscal year. The budget request information shall include the expenditures during the last fiscal year, those estimated for the current fiscal year, those proposed for the succeeding fiscal year and any other information requested by the Department of Finance;
(4) A report of the revenues during the last fiscal year, an estimate of the revenues during the current fiscal year and an estimate for the succeeding fiscal year;
(5) A statement of legislation required to implement the proposed programs and financial plans; and
(6) An evaluation of the advantages and disadvantages of specific alternatives to existing or proposed program policies or administrative methods.
(b) The state agency/department proposals prepared under subsection (a) of this section shall describe the relationships of their programs services to those of other state agencies/departments and other branches of state government.
(c) If any state agency/department fails to transmit the program and financial information required under subsection (a) of this section on the specified date, the Department of Finance may prepare such information.
(d) The Department of Finance shall compile and submit to the Governor or the Governor-elect for any year when a new Governor has been elected, not later than November 20, a summary of the program and financial information prepared by state agencies/departments.
(Acts 1976, No. 494, p. 614, §6.)