WACs > Title 352 > Chapter 352-78 > Section 352-78-120
Agency filings affecting this section
What is the fee for a commission-issued boater education card?
(1) The commission-issued boater education card fee is ten dollars.
(2) Duplicate fee for replacement cards is five dollars. The fee is waived if replacement is necessary because of an error by the commission. The same number will be assigned on any duplicate card as was assigned on the original.
(3) Fees paid to the commission for a commission-issued boater education card or replacement card are not refundable.
(4) An accredited course provider may charge a reasonable fee to recover costs associated with providing a boating safety course or equivalency exam.
(5) All receipts from fees collected for the issuance of the commission-issued boater education card shall be used solely for the administration of this chapter including the initial costs of developing the program. Any surplus funds resulting from the fees received shall be distributed by the commission as grants to local marine law enforcement programs approved by the commission as provided in RCW 88.02.040.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 79A.05.310, chapter 79A.60 RCW and 2005 c 392, Â§Â§ 1 through 5 codified in chapter 79A.60 RCW. WSR 05-23-128, Â§ 352-78-120, filed 11/21/05, effective 12/22/05.]