WACs > Title 246 > Chapter 246-560 > Section 246-560-010
Agency filings affecting this section
For the purpose of this chapter the following words and phrases have the following meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) "Applicant" means any interested party who has been invited to submit an application proposing a health systems resources project.
(2) "Application" means an invited proposal for a health systems resources project.
(3) "Basic health care services" means organized care modalities to prevent death, disability, and serious illness. The term includes, but is not limited to:
(a) Emergency services;
(b) Primary care physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and midwifery services;
(c) Short term inpatient care;
(d) Home health care;
(e) Community based care for chronic conditions;
(f) Dental care;
(g) Vision care;
(h) Hearing care;
(i) Hospice care;
(j) Mental health;
(k) Necessary support services; and
(l) Nutrition related services.
(4) "Catchment area" means the Washington state geographic area where people live who are to receive the basic health care services addressed by the project.
(5) "Community" means the resident individuals and organizations in a catchment area who may benefit from the basic health care services addressed by the project.
(6) "Community-based" means that the need is identified by a broad section of the community including providers, institutions in the area, and nonhealth care provider members of the community such as community members of health care boards, economic development council members, organized patient advocacy groups, and others who have an interest in the long-term viability of health care services in the catchment area.
(7) "Department" means the Washington state department of health.
(8) "Deliverable" means a document that results from project activities. The term includes, but is not limited to:
(a) A form;
(b) An agreement;
(c) A plan;
(d) Documentation of numbers served;
(e) A report; or
(f) Presentation material.
(9) "Health care delivery system" means services, personnel, and how they are organized and financed.
(10) "Interested party" means an eligible entity that has submitted a letter of interest for a health systems resources project.
(11) "Letter of interest" means a brief description of a project as described in WAC 246-560-040.
(12) "Letter of invitation" means a letter inviting an interested party who has submitted a letter of interest to submit an application.
(13) "Local project administrator" means an individual or organization representing the applicant and authorized to enter into legal agreements on behalf of the applicant.
(14) "Matching funds" means fifty percent of the total budget for recruitment and retention activities must be from a source other than this program. Matching funds may be in-kind contributions.
(15) "Outcome" means the anticipated result or impact of the project activities.
(16) "Project" means a health systems resources project.
(17) "Rural" means a nonurbanized area.
(18) "Successful applicant" means an applicant whose project has been selected for contracting.
(19) "Urban underserved" means an urbanized area that has unmet health care needs.
(20) "Urbanized area" means an area defined and described as an urbanized or urban area by the United States Department of Census, Bureau of the Census.
(21) "Workplan" means a written document, usually in matrix form, that shows the detail of what is needed to complete a project. The activities, timeline, party responsible, budget, evaluation plan, and measurable outcome is shown for each deliverable.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.175.040 - [70.175.]050 and 70.185.040 - [70.185.]050. WSR 09-01-053, Â§ 246-560-010, filed 12/10/08, effective 1/10/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.175.010 - [70.175.]090 and 70.185.030 - [70.185.]080. WSR 99-03-043, Â§ 246-560-010, filed 1/14/99, effective 2/14/99. Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.175 RCW. WSR 91-16-108 (Order 186), Â§ 246-560-010, filed 8/7/91, effective 9/7/91.]