WACs > Title 383 > Chapter 383-06 > Section 383-06-046
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
Responsibilities of agencyâAgency unique suggestion program.
(1) Each agency head or his/her designee shall appoint an individual(s) to coordinate the agency unique suggestion program and act as liaison between the agency and the board.
(2) Encourage all levels of management to support the program.
(3) Promote the program and distribute forms throughout the agency.
(4) Assign an individual(s) to evaluate a suggestion recommending adoption, partial adoption, or rejection of the suggestion. Facilitate evaluation of all suggestions within forty-five days unless special circumstances exist that prohibit completion within the specified time frame. In this instance, the agency is required to notify the suggester(s) of the status of the suggestion and provide the suggester(s) with a new timeline.
(5) Maintain documentation of all agency evaluations and implementation plans.
(6) Develop a documented program with published criteria and communicate the information throughout the agency.
(7) Allow for suggestions submitted by nonagency employees to be evaluated within the agency.
(8) Review internal suggestions and determine whether the suggestion is applicable for another agency. Forward internal suggestions that apply to another agency to the productivity board for dissemination.
(9) Make the final determination on whether an award should be made, except for appeals submitted to the board. Recommend and approve an award based on the payment award scale outlined in WAC 383-06-125 developed by the productivity board.
(10) Facilitate payment and recognition to the suggester for adopted suggestions.
(11) Notify the suggester(s) of the agency recommendation. Submit copies of the evaluation to the suggester.
(12) Notify the suggester(s) in writing of their appeal rights and the length of time they have to submit an appeal as specified in WAC 383-06-141. Inform suggesters of their right to appeal to the board if they believe the result of the internal appeal is unsatisfactory.
(13) When a suggester appeals an agency recommendation, the agency shall send the productivity board a copy of the appeal. If the suggester requests to appeal to the board after the agency evaluates the appeal, the agency shall send a complete copy of the suggestion file to the board.
(14) Provide reports to the board showing agency statistics and any informative information that would benefit the board and agencies. Reports should be submitted to the board annually, or at the board's discretion.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 41.60 RCW. WSR 99-24-093, Â§ 383-06-046, filed 11/30/99, effective 1/1/00.]