WACs > Title 246 > Chapter 246-361 > Section 246-361-135
Agency filings affecting this section
(Effective until January 1, 2016.)
Cots, beds, bedding, and personal storage.
The operator must provide cots, beds or bunks for each occupant, not to exceed the maximum occupancy approved by the department or health officer.
(1) Beds or bunks must be furnished with clean mattresses and maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
(2) The operator must:
(a) Provide sufficient clearance between each cot, bed, or bunk and the floor or provide a commercially available cot, bed, or bunk; and
(b) Allow space to separate beds laterally and end to end by at least thirty-six inches when single beds are used.
(3) When bunk beds are used the operator must:
(a) Allow space to separate beds laterally and end to end by at least forty-eight inches; and
(b) Maintain a minimum space of twenty-seven inches between the upper and lower bunks.
(4) Locate cots, beds, or bunks at least thirty inches or more from cooking surfaces.
(5) The use of triple bunk beds is prohibited.
(6) The operator must provide suitable storage facilities for clothing and personal articles in each tent.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.114A.065 and 70.114A.110. WSR 00-06-082, Â§ 246-361-135, filed 3/1/00, effective 3/1/00.]