WACs > Title 388 > Chapter 388-880 > Section 388-880-043
Agency filings affecting this section
Resident recordsâLocation and custody.
(1) Based on the resident's physical location of residence, his or her records shall be securely maintained in one of the following four types of locations:
(a) In a designated records storage area within the SCC total confinement facility (TCF);
(b) In a secure filing system at an SCC-operated secure community transition facility (SCTF);
(c) In a secure filing system at a contracted facility such as a group home or nursing home; or
(d) In a secure filing system of the office of a licensed, contracted provider such as a community based sex offender treatment provider or psychiatrist.
(2) The person's current medical and clinical treatment records shall be maintained in the facility wherein the resident is housed and made directly available to medical and emergency providers and authorized staff persons.
(3) The designated records storage area within the SCC TCF serves as a centralized repository for resident records regardless of the resident's status or location.
(4) During the period of a person's residence in a SCTF operated by the department:
(a) A copy of all resident records created at the SCTF will be forwarded to the SCC TCF records center, the original record will remain at the SCTF.
(b) The person's original records pertaining to their treatment, behavior and care while they resided at the SCC TCF will remain in the designated records storage area within the SCC TCF and will not be transferred to the SCTF.
(5) Regardless of location, only assigned treatment providers and authorized staff persons shall have access to resident records.
(6) During a period of a person's less restrictive alternative (LRA) placement in a private home or in a facility operated by a contracting agency:
(a) Original behavioral and treatment records and evaluations shall be maintained by the contracted professional providing treatment and copies thereof shall be sent to the SCC or the department by contract requirement; and
(b) Copies of documents held by the SCC may be made available as necessary to the contracting agency, the contracted treatment provider, and the assigned community corrections officer.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 71.09 RCW and RCW 72.01.090. WSR 10-13-130, Â§ 388-880-043, filed 6/22/10, effective 7/23/10. Statutory Authority: Chapter 71.09 RCW, 2000 c 44, 2001 c 286. WSR 02-02-054, Â§ 388-880-043, filed 12/27/01, effective 1/27/02.]