Whenever used in this article, unless a different meaning clearly appears in the context, the following terms, whether used in the singular or plural, shall be given the following respective interpretations:
(1) CORPORATION. Any corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this article.
(2) COUNTY. Any county in this state with respect to which a corporation may be organized.
(3) GOVERNING BODY. The commission of the county.
(4) MORTGAGE. A mortgage or a mortgage and deed of trust or a trust indenture.
(5) PROJECT. Any land and any building or other improvement thereon and all real and personal properties deemed necessary in connection therewith, whether or not now in existence, which shall be suitable for use by the following or by any combination of two or more thereof:
a. Any industry for the manufacturing, processing or assembling of any agricultural, manufactured or mineral products;
b. Any commercial enterprise in storing, warehousing, distributing or selling any product of agriculture, mining or industry; and
c. Any enterprise for the purpose of research, but does not include facilities designed for the sale or distribution to the public of electricity, gas, water or telephones or other services commonly classified as public utilities.
A project may consist of or include any land, building, structure, improvement, machinery, equipment, facility or real or personal property or any combination thereof which the board of directors of the corporation may deem necessary or appropriate for use by any industry or enterprise of the character described in the first sentence of this subdivision, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, office facilities designed for use by any such industry or enterprise in the management and supervision of its manufacturing, processing, assembling, storing, warehousing, distributing, selling or research operations, wherever located, and facilities for, or useful in, the control, reduction, abatement, or prevention of pollution of air or water or both.
(Acts 1977, No. 762, p. 1310, §2.)