WACs > Title 296 > Chapter 296-400A > Section 296-400A-022
Agency filings affecting this section
What procedure is required for renewal of a journeyman medical gas endorsement?
(1) Maintain an active Washington state journeyman certification.
(2) Submit affidavit of continuity.
(3) Submit affidavit of review of current medical gas code adopted by the Washington state building code council.
(4) Pay the appropriate fee: If renewal occurs before expiration of current endorsement, the renewal fee shown in WAC 296-400A-045; if renewal occurs within ninety days of expiration of current endorsement, you must pay a double renewal fee; if the current endorsement has been expired for ninety-one days or more, you must take an examination relating to medical gas installation administered by the department and pay the examination application fee shown in WAC 296-400A-045. Medical gas endorsement is renewed every two years.
(5) Contractors shall accurately verify and attest to brazing performed by the journeyman by sending an affidavit to the department or in lieu of the biannual braze requirement from the contractor, a performed brazed coupon test documenting that the coupon was certified as passing from a department approved medical gas training course provider would be accepted.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.106.040 and 18.106.140. WSR 10-06-051, Â§ 296-400A-022, filed 2/24/10, effective 4/1/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 19.103.040, 18.106.140, and chapter 18.106 RCW. WSR 05-11-061, Â§ 296-400A-022, filed 5/17/05, effective 6/30/05.]