WACs > Title 173 > Chapter 173-407 > Section 173-407-130
Agency filings affecting this section
Emissions performance standard under Part II.
(1) Beginning July 1, 2008, all baseload electric generation facilities and units and baseload electric cogeneration facilities and units subject to WAC 173-407-120 are not allowed to emit to the atmosphere regulated greenhouse gases at a rate greater than one thousand one hundred pounds per megawatt-hour, annual average.
(2) All baseload electric generation facilities and units in operation on or before June 30, 2008, are deemed to be in compliance with the emissions performance standard until the facility or unit is subject to a new long-term financial commitment.
(3) All baseload electric cogeneration facilities and units in operation on or before June 30, 2008, and operating exclusively on natural gas, waste gas, a combination of natural and waste gases, or a renewable fuel, are deemed to be in compliance with the emissions performance standard until the facility or unit is subject to a new ownership interest or is upgraded. For purposes of this section, exclusive use of renewable fuel shall mean at least ninety percent of total annual heat input by a renewable fuel.
(4) Compliance with the emissions performance standard may be through:
(a) Use of fuels and power plant designs that comply with the emissions performance standard without need for greenhouse gases emission controls; or
(b) Use of greenhouse gases emission controls and greenhouse gases sequestration methods meeting the requirements of WAC 173-407-220 or 173-218-115 as appropriate.
(5) The greenhouse gases emissions performance standard in subsection (1) of this section applies to all baseload electric generation for which electric utilities enter into long-term financial commitments on or after July 1, 2008.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 80.80 RCW. WSR 08-14-011 (Order 07-11), Â§ 173-407-130, filed 6/19/08, effective 7/20/08.]