WACs > Title 480 > Chapter 480-31 > Section 480-31-030
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
Unless the language or context indicates that a different meaning is intended, the following words, terms, and phrases will, for the purpose of this chapter, mean the following:
(1) State - The state of Washington.
(2) Commission - The Washington utilities and transportation commission.
(3) Certificate - A grant of authority issued by the commission to a private, nonprofit transportation provider for the transportation of persons with special transportation needs as provided in chapter 81.66 RCW.
(4) Corporation - A corporation, company, association, or joint stock association.
(5) Public highway - Every street, road or highway in this state.
(6) Motor vehicle - Every self-propelled vehicle with seating capacity of seven or more persons, including the driver.
(7) Commercial motor vehicle - A motor vehicle or combination of motor vehicles used in commerce to transport passengers or property if the motor vehicle is designed to transport sixteen or more passengers, including the driver.
(8) Person - An individual, firm, or copartnership.
(9) Private, nonprofit transportation provider - A private, nonprofit corporation providing transportation services for compensation to persons with special transportation needs.
(10) Provider - Private, nonprofit transportation provider.
(11) Persons with special transportation needs - Those persons, including their personal attendants, who because of physical or mental disability, income status, or age are unable to transport themselves or to purchase appropriate transportation.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 80.01.040, 80.04.160, 81.04.160, and 34.05.310. WSR 01-20-061 (Docket No. A-010827, General Order No. R-491), Â§ 480-31-030, filed 9/28/01, effective 10/29/01. Statutory Authority: RCW 80.01.040 and chapter 80.01 RCW. WSR 97-08-037 (Order R-440, Docket No. TC 961102), Â§ 480-31-030, filed 3/27/97, effective 4/27/97.]