WACs > Title 173 > Chapter 173-230 > Section 173-230-070
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
(1) The department will use written examinations to determine the competency of operators. If examinations are prepared by an organization other than the department, the applicant shall pay any costs associated with the use of the exam.
(2) Examinations will be held at least three times annually at places and times set by the department.
(3) The wastewater certification program coordinator or designee will score all exams. The applicant will be notified of the score. Examinations will not be returned to the applicant.
(4) Certificates will be issued to applicants who pass a written examination.
(5) An applicant who fails to pass the examination must reapply for further examination. No individual will be allowed to retake the same examination more than twice consecutively.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.95B RCW. WSR 99-24-117 (Order 98-18), Â§ 173-230-070, filed 12/1/99, effective 1/1/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.95B.040. WSR 87-22-006 (Order 87-36), Â§ 173-230-070, filed 10/23/87. Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.95B RCW. WSR 82-09-056 (Order DE 82-07), Â§ 173-230-070, filed 4/16/82; Order 73-30, Â§ 173-230-070, filed 11/9/73.]