WACs > Title 468 > Chapter 468-10 > Section 468-10-490
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
Motions before presiding officers.
(1) Scope of section: This section governs all motions made to the presiding officer except those made orally on the record during an adjudicative proceeding.
(2) Form: A motion must be in writing. It must state the order of relief requested and the grounds for the motion. It may be accompanied by affidavits. It must be supported by legal authorities, set out in the motion or in a supporting brief.
(3) Response: Any party may serve and file a response within five days after the motion has been served on that party.
(4) Filing: The original and one copy of every motion and response, with supporting papers, must be filed with the presiding officer, along with proof of service.
(5) Ruling: When the presiding officer has received a response from all parties, or five days have elapsed since the last party was served, the presiding officer shall rule on the motion without oral argument, unless the presiding officer, in his or her discretion, orders that argument be heard.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 34.05 RCW and RCW 47.01.101(5). WSR 94-14-101 (Order 145), Â§ 468-10-490, filed 7/6/94, effective 8/6/94.]