WACs > Title 132U > Chapter 132U-116 > Section 132U-116-030
End of Chapter
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
Parking and traffic regulations.
(1) All students, faculty members and staff at Whatcom Community College may be issued parking permits upon registration or employment with the college may be required to display those permits on their vehicles in a prominent place.
(2) People who come upon the campus as guests, and people who lawfully visit the campus for purposes which are in keeping with the college's role as an institution of higher education may park in the campus visitor parking lot.
(3) Students, faculty, staff and visitors shall obey any signs or painted instructions regarding parking regulations on the campus.
(4) The college reserves the right to have towed from the college premises any abandoned vehicle, any vehicle blocking a fire lane, any vehicle parked in a handicapped parking space without the appropriate permit, or any vehicle parked outside of designated parking spaces, or otherwise in violation of college parking and traffic regulations.
(5) Cars left in excess of 48 hours will be considered abandoned and may be towed at the expense of the owner.
(6) A student's failure to abide by these regulations shall constitute a conduct violation, subjecting the student to fines as authorized by the board of trustees or to discipline under chapter 132U-120 WAC.
(7) Faculty, administration or staff members who fail to abide by these regulations shall be subject to discipline under the system appropriate to the employee's status and classification.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140, chapters 34.05 and 69.41 RCW. WSR 90-05-043, Â§ 132U-116-030, filed 2/15/90, effective 3/18/90. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.130. WSR 88-07-057 (Order 88-02), Â§ 132U-116-030, filed 3/15/88.]