WACs > Title 246 > Chapter 246-841 > Section 246-841-420
Agency filings affecting this section
Requirements for approval of nursing assistant-certified training programs.
To qualify as a nursing assistant-certified training program, an institution or facility must:
(1) Submit a completed application packet provided by the department of health. The packet will include forms and instructions to submit the following:
(a) Program objectives.
(b) Curriculum content outline.
(c) Qualifications of program director and additional instructional staff.
(d) Contractual agreements related to providing this training. For any program that uses another facility to provide clinical training, this includes an affiliation agreement between the training program and the facility. The affiliation agreement must describe how the program will provide clinical experience in the facility. The agreement must specify the rights and responsibilities of both parties, students and clients or residents.
(e) Sample lesson plan for one unit.
(f) Skills checklist.
(g) Description of classroom facilities.
(h) Declaration of compliance with administrative guidelines signed by the program director.
(i) Verification that the program director has completed a course on adult instruction as required by WAC 246-841-470(3) or has one year of experience in the past three years teaching adults. Acceptable experience does not include in-service education or patient teaching. A program director working exclusively in a postsecondary educational setting is exempt from this requirement.
(j) Verification that the nursing assistant-certified training program or school is approved to operate in the state of Washington by:
(i) The state board for community and technical colleges;
(ii) The superintendent of public instruction; or
(iii) The workforce training and education coordinating board.
(2) Agree to on-site survey of the training program, as requested by the commission. This on-site will be coordinated with other on-site review requirements when possible.
(3) Participate in the renewal process every two years. Failure to renew results in automatic withdrawal of approval of the program.
(4) Comply with any changes in training standards and guidelines in order to maintain approved status.
(5) Notify the commission and any other approving agency of any changes in overall curriculum plan or major curriculum content changes prior to implementation.
(6) Notify the commission and any other approving agency of changes in program director or instructors.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.88A.060(1) and 18.88A.030(5). WSR 08-06-100, Â§ 246-841-420, filed 3/5/08, effective 4/5/08. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.88A.060. WSR 91-07-049 (Order 116B), recodified as Â§ 246-841-420, filed 3/18/91, effective 4/18/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.88.080. WSR 90-20-018 (Order 091), Â§ 308-173-230, filed 9/21/90, effective 10/22/90.]