SECTION .0800 ‑ LICENSE REVOCATION OR SUSPENSION
19A NCAC 03J .0801 GROUNDS FOR REVOCATION OR SUSPENSION
The license of any commercial driver training school may be
suspended or revoked by the Division if the licensee violates any provision of
Article 14, Chapter 20 of the North Carolina General Statutes, or if the
licensee violates any rule adopted pursuant to that Article. In addition, a
license may be suspended or revoked for any one of the following reasons:
(1) Conviction of the owner, manager, or any agent or
employee of the school of a felony or conviction of any misdemeanor involving
(2) Knowingly submitting to the Division false or
misleading information relating to eligibility for a license.
(3) Evidence of substance abuse by the owner, manager,
any agent, or employee of the school.
(4) Failure or refusal to permit an authorized
representative of the Division to inspect the school, equipment, records, or
motor vehicles used to teach students or failure or refusal to furnish full
information pertaining to any and all requirements set forth in the rules in
this Subchapter or in the application for the license.
(5) Failure to maintain licensed instructors or
approved equipment sufficient to perform the course of instruction.
(6) Employment of any instructor who is not licensed by
(7) Failure of new owner to apply for and be licensed
by the Division as a school under new ownership and also failure to notify the
Division within the specified time of any change in management of the school.
(8) Aiding or assisting any person to obtain a driver's
license by fraud (revocation in this instance shall be permanent).
(9) Unauthorized possession of application forms or
examinations used by the Division to determine the qualification of an
applicant for a driver's license.
(10) Failure of the school to give the student a copy of
his contract and also use by the school of a contract which has not been
submitted to and approved by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑320; 20-321;
20-322; 20-323; 20-324; 20-325; 20-326; 20-327;
Eff. May 1, 1987;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2002; January 1, 1994.