WACs > Title 480 > Chapter 480-66 > Section 480-66-420
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
(1) Every urinal must be made of a smooth finished material impervious to moisture.
(2) Every urinal must be located within a toilet room.
(3) Twenty-four inches of trough urinal is equivalent to an individual urinal.
(4) Wherever a slab urinal is installed, the floor must be sloped toward the urinal drain for a distance of at least twenty-four inches in front of the urinal. Adequate splash guards must be installed.
(5) Every urinal must be flushed from a water-supplied tank or through valve, and flush valves must be installed with an approved back-flow preventer. Every tank must furnish an adequate quantity of water for each discharge for every fixture. In place of discharge from a tank or flush valve, water may be allowed to run continuously over slab or trough urinals.
(6) Clear floor space for each urinal or its equivalent must be at least two feet in width.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 81.04.160 and 80.01.040. WSR 00-04-011 (Order No. R-469, Docket No. TR-981101), Â§ 480-66-420, filed 1/21/00, effective 2/21/00.]