WACs > Title 332 > Chapter 332-52 > Section 332-52-205
Agency filings affecting this section
(1) Are recreation permits required for organized events on department-managed lands? Persons are required to obtain recreation permits for organized events and as otherwise indicated in this chapter.
(2) May I charge a fee at an organized event? Yes. A person shall obtain a recreation permit if a fee is charged at an organized event on department-managed lands.
(3) May I use department-managed lands for commercial purposes? A person who uses department-managed lands for commercial purposes shall obtain a contract, lease, permit or other written authorization from the department.
For the purposes of this subsection and in the context of public use, "commercial purposes" means charging a fee of any type for access to department-managed lands or any use or activity on department-managed lands where the primary purpose is the sale or barter of a good or service, regardless of whether the use or activity is intended to produce a profit.
(4) How do I obtain a recreation permit? Persons must contact the region office during business hours prior to the proposed organized event use to request a recreation permit application. The completed recreation permit application must be submitted via fax, e-mail, mail, or in person to the region office during business hours at least sixty days prior to the proposed organized event.
(5) How are recreation permit applications processed? The region will process recreation permit applications in order of their arrival.
(6) Is the department required to issue a recreation permit? a) The region may approve or deny the application for a recreation permit for the reasons set forth in WAC 332-52-100.
(b) The region will notify the applicant if the permit application is denied.
(7) If the permit application is approved, when will the permit be issued? If approved, the region will issue the permit within thirty days of receipt of the permit application.
(8) How do I cancel a permit? Persons must notify the region office of the cancellation at least seventy-two hours prior to the scheduled organized event.
(9) Can the department revoke a permit? The department may revoke a permit, and remove any or all persons from the site, if:
(a) The person is in violation of these rules or any other applicable state law.
(b) The person's behavior is detrimental to the health and safety of any person.
(c) The person's behavior unreasonably interferes with the recreational enjoyment of any other person.
(d) The department's management activities conflict with either the purpose or the conditions of the permit.
(10) Any violation of this section is an infraction under chapter 7.84 RCW.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.30 RCW and RCW 43.12.065. WSR 09-05-034, Â§ 332-52-205, filed 2/11/09, effective 3/14/09.]