WACs > Title 200 > Chapter 200-01 > Section 200-01-065
Agency filings affecting this section
Processing public records requestsâElectronic records.
(1) The process for requesting electronic public records is the same as for requesting paper public records.
(2) When a requestor requests records in an electronic format, the public records officer will provide available nonexempt electronic public records or portions of such records that are reasonably locatable in an electronic format that is used by the agency and is generally commercially available, or in a format that is reasonably translatable from the format in which the agency keeps the record, or as otherwise agreed to between the requestor and the public disclosure officer.
(3) Whenever possible, DES will provide records in electronic format. If the department has only a paper copy of the record, the department, when feasible, may scan the paper record and provide the resulting electronic copy to the requestor. If the department maintains the record in electronic format, the record will be provided in the maintained electronic format unless the requestor specifically asks to receive the record in paper copies or it is otherwise not feasible to provide the record in electronic format.
(4) If a record exists on a web page, DES will respond to a request for the record by providing the link to the record on the web page.
(5) DES is not required to create a record that does not otherwise exist.
(6) Costs for providing electronic records as provided in this section are governed by WAC 200-01-075.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.19.011 and chapter 42.56 RCW. WSR 12-02-004, Â§ 200-01-065, filed 12/22/11, effective 1/22/12.]