WACs > Title 246 > Chapter 246-272B > Section 246-272B-01200
Agency filings affecting this section
Applicability and relationship to other statutes and regulations.
(1) This chapter applies to all LOSS constructed, operated, and maintained in the state of Washington, except for:
(a) Systems receiving industrial wastewater discharges;
(b) Systems receiving storm water discharges;
(c) Combined sanitary sewer and storm water systems;
(d) Evaporative lagoon systems with design flows above three thousand five hundred gallons per day;
(e) Systems with design flows above one hundred thousand gallons per day; and
(f) Systems that discharge to surface water or to land surface.
(2) This chapter requires LOSS owners and those proposing to construct a LOSS to comply with applicable sections of chapter 90.48 RCW, Water pollution control, regarding control and prevention of pollution of waters of the state including, but not limited to:
(a) Surface and groundwater standards established under RCW 90.48.035; and
(b) Those provisions requiring all known, available, and reasonable methods of treatment.
(3) This chapter is intended to be consistent with the reclaimed water requirements under chapter 90.46 RCW, Reclaimed water use.
(4) This chapter is intended to be consistent with other statutes and rules that apply to professional engineers in chapter 18.43 RCW, Engineers and land surveyors, and Title 196 WAC, Licensing, department of (engineers and land surveyors, board of registration for professional).
(5) This chapter is intended to be consistent with the requirements of any comprehensive plan or development regulation adopted under chapter 36.70A RCW, Growth managementâPlanning by selected counties and cities, or any other applicable comprehensive plan, land use plan, or development regulation adopted by a city, town, or county.
(6) In addition to the requirements of this chapter, it is the responsibility of a person designing, constructing, owning, or operating and maintaining a LOSS to also comply with chapter 27.53 RCW, Archaeological sites and resources.
(7) In addition to the requirements of this chapter, it is the responsibility of a person designing, constructing, owning, or operating and maintaining a LOSS to also comply with applicable local requirements including, but not limited to, land use and development regulations, comprehensive plans, designated sensitive and critical areas regulations, and building permit and inspection requirements.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.118B.020. WSR 11-12-035, Â§ 246-272B-01200, filed 5/25/11, effective 7/1/11.]