WACs > Title 132V > Chapter 132V-130 > Section 132V-130-020
Agency filings affecting this section
(1) The Tacoma Community College code of student rights and responsibilities process is applicable to hazing violations.
(2) Hazing violations are also misdemeanors punishable under state criminal law according to RCW 9A.20.021.
(3) A person who participates in the hazing of another shall forfeit any entitlement to state-funded grants, scholarships or awards for a period of time to be determined based upon the seriousness of the violation.
(4) Any student group that knowingly permits hazing shall:
(a) Be liable for harm caused to persons or property resulting from hazing; and
(b) Be denied recognition by Tacoma Community College as an official student group on campus. If the student group is a corporation, whether for profit or nonprofit, the individual directors of the corporation may be held individually liable for damages. All college funding shall be frozen for any official student group alleged to have committed a hazing violation.
(5) Forfeiture of college funding, state-funded grants, scholarships or awards shall continue for a minimum of one quarter up to and including permanent forfeiture as determined by the Tacoma Community College student rights and responsibilities process based upon the seriousness of the violations.
[Statutory Authority: 1993 c 514. WSR 04-17-016, Â§ 132V-130-020, filed 8/6/04, effective 9/6/04; WSR 96-16-036, Â§ 132V-130-020, filed 8/1/96, effective 9/1/96.]