WACs > Title 246 > Chapter 246-861 > Section 246-861-055
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
Continuing education program.
(1) The continuing professional pharmaceutical education courses may consist of post-graduate studies, institutes, seminars, lectures, conferences, workshops, extension studies, correspondence courses and other similar methods of conveying continuing education as may be approved by the board.
(2) Such courses shall consist of subject matter pertinent to the following general areas of professional pharmaceutical education:
(a) The legal aspects of health care;
(b) The properties and actions of drugs and dosage forms;
(c) The etiology, characteristics, therapeutics, and prevention of the disease state;
(d) Specialized professional pharmacy practice.
(3) Full credit (hour for hour) shall be allowed for:
(c) Structured discussion, workshops, and demonstrations.
(d) Structured question and answer sessions.
(4) Credit shall not be allowed for:
(a) Welcoming remarks.
(b) Time spent for meals or social functions.
(c) Business sessions.
(d) Unstructured demonstrations (e.g., poster sessions).
(e) Unstructured question and answer sessions (e.g., after programs ends).
(f) Degree programs except advanced degrees in pharmacy.
(5) Keynote speaker and topics must be submitted through the standard process.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.64.005. WSR 95-08-019, Â§ 246-861-055, filed 3/27/95, effective 4/27/95.]