WACs > Title 388 > Chapter 388-97 > Section 388-97-2980
Agency filings affecting this section
Food service areas.
The nursing home must ensure food service areas are in compliance with chapter 246-215 WAC, state board of health rules governing food service sanitation. The nursing home must:
(1) Ensure food service areas are provided for the purpose of preparing, serving, and storing food and drink unless food service is provided from another licensed food service facility;
(2) Ensure food service areas are located to facilitate receiving of food supplies, disposal of kitchen waste, and transportation of food to dining and resident care areas;
(3) Locate and arrange the kitchen to avoid contamination of food, to prevent heat and noise entering resident care areas, and to prevent through traffic;
(4) Locate the receiving area for ready access to storage and refrigeration areas;
(5) Conveniently locate a handwashing sink near the food preparation and dishwashing area, and include a waste receptacle and dispensers stocked with soap and paper towels;
(6) Adequately ventilate, light, and equip the dishwashing room or area for sanitary processing of dishes;
(7) Locate the garbage storage area in a well-ventilated room or an outside area;
(8) Provide hot and cold water and a floor drain connected to the sanitary sewage system in a can wash area, unless located in outside covered area;
(9) Provide space for an office or a desk and files for food service management located central to deliveries and kitchen operations; and
(10) Include housekeeping facilities or a janitor's closet for the exclusive use of food service with a service sink and storage of housekeeping equipment and supplies.
[Statutory Authority: Chapters 18.51 and 74.42 RCW and 42 C.F.R. 489.52. WSR 08-20-062, Â§ 388-97-2980, filed 9/24/08, effective 11/1/08.]