WACs > Title 392 > Chapter 392-151 > Section 392-151-140
End of Chapter
Agency filings affecting this section
Violation reports and accidents.
Moving motor vehicle violations at school crossings shall be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency. School patrol members shall report all incidents which occur on or near their crossings which appear to involve unsafe practices on the part of anyone. Such reports shall be made to the patrol supervisor.
If the incident involves a driver violation, the license number of the car shall be written down immediately. Reports shall be reviewed by the patrol supervisor and principal. When the principal feels that a particular violation has occurred which requires follow-up by the police department, a violation report shall be filled out.
In the event of an injury accident or emergency at their post, patrol members shall observe the following directions:
(1) If the accident was caused by a vehicle, obtain license number, time of violation, and whether male or female driver.
(2) Never leave the crossing. Dispatch messengers to the school office stating location, nature, and seriousness of accident.
(3) Keep all students back away from the curb.
(4) Obtain name and address of victim and witnesses.
(5) Make a report to the patrol supervisor.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 46.61.385. WSR 91-15-016, Â§ 392-151-140, filed 7/10/91, effective 8/10/91; Order 7-75, Â§ 392-151-140, filed 12/22/75. Formerly WAC 392-24-340.]