WACs > Title 173 > Chapter 173-180 > Section 173-180-250
Agency filings affecting this section
(1) Class 1, 2, or 3 facilities must have an emergency shutdown capable of stopping the flow of oil from the fixed or mobile facility to a vessel.
(2) The emergency shutdown must be located at the PICs usual operating station and at the dock manifold if not the same location.
(3) For oil transfers, the emergency shutdown must stop the flow:
(a) Within sixty seconds for any facility or portion of the facility that started transferring oil on or before November 1, 1980.
(b) Within thirty seconds for any facility or portion of the facility that transfers oil after November 1, 1980.
(4) Both PICs must be capable of ordering or activating an emergency shutdown.
(5) If a PIC orders an emergency shutdown, the shutdown must be activated immediately.
(6) To meet the requirements of subsection (3) of this section, the emergency shutdown must be either of the following:
(a) An electrical, pneumatic, or mechanical linkage to the facility; or
(b) An electronic voice communications system continuously operated by a person on the facility who can stop the flow of oil.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 88.46.160, 88.46.165, and chapter 90.56 RCW. WSR 06-20-034 (Order 06-02), Â§ 173-180-250, filed 9/25/06, effective 10/26/06.]