SECTION .0300 ‑ CERTIFICATION OF APPROPRIATENESS:
07 NCAC 11 .0301 APPLICATION
Anyone seeking to take any action within the jurisdiction of
the Corridor, including but not limited to removing or moving trees or shrubs,
installing or maintaining utilities, or installing a driveway or curb cut or
erecting outdoor advertising, will first obtain a Certificate of
Appropriateness from the commission. The proposed action must comply with the
regulations outlined herein. Any individual, individuals or group seeking such
certificate will submit five copies of the proposed sketch plan or letter to
the commission for review. The sketch plan and/or letter showing the proposed
action within the Corridor must contain the following information:
(1) A sketch map of the vicinity of the proposed action
showing its location in relation to neighboring tracts, plantings within the
Corridor, existing signs, roads and waterways.
(2) The boundaries and total acreage of the tract where
the proposed action is to take place.
(3) The name, address and telephone number of the owner
of the tract where the proposed action is to take place.
(4) Existing vegetation on the right of way and on land
within 50 feet of the right of way.
(5) An inventory of the trees to be removed.
(6) A narrative explaining the reasoning behind the
(7) An inventory of plants, their sizes and quantities
proposed to replace those removed and/or complement those remaining.
(8) Designation of the person /persons who will be
responsible for removal and/or installation of the trees.
(9) An estimate of the cost of the removal and
(10) A sketch plan showing the location of all existing
and proposed driveway cuts and the vegetation affected thereby.
(11) An erosion and sedimentation control plan as
required by G.S. 113A‑67 shall be filed where applicable with the
The commission, upon written request, may waive any of the
above information determined to be extraneous to the review process for the
History Note: Authority 1981 S.L., c. 1194, s. 6;
Eff. February 1, 1987.