WACs > Title 388 > Chapter 388-01 > Section 388-01-140
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
If a public record contains personal information that identifies an individual or organization, other than the subject of the record, is that individual or organization notified?
(1) If a public record contains personal information that identifies an individual or organization other than the subject of the requested public record, DSHS may notify that individual or organization.
(2) DSHS may send a written notice to the individual or organization if releasing the personal information could damage the individual or organization, or government operations, or is not in the best interest of the public. The notice should include:
(a) The record being requested;
(b) The date DSHS intends to release the record; and
(c) How the individual or organization can prevent release of the record (see RCW 42.17.330).
(3) DSHS may also send a written notice to the record requester notifying them that:
(a) The individual or organization whose personal information is contained in the requested public record has been notified;
(b) DSHS expects a response from the individual or organization regarding disclosure of their personal information by a specified date; and
(c) Disclosure may be denied.
(4) DSHS releases the record by the specified date if no one objects or the contacted party does not respond by the specified date.
(5) DSHS must notify the office of the attorney general when an individual or organization, other than the subject of a record, files a lawsuit to prevent release of the record.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 42.17.250 and 34.05.220. WSR 99-15-065, Â§ 388-01-140, filed 7/19/99, effective 8/19/99.]