WACs > Title 173 > Chapter 173-165 > Section 173-165-090
Agency filings affecting this section
(1) Each certified water right examiner must complete eight hours annually of continuing education in the water resources field.
(2) Ecology will provide information on the internet on continuing education opportunities for certified water right examiners.
(a) Ecology may grant credit for completing related training not listed on our web site at the discretion of the CWRE coordinator.
(b) The CWRE coordinator may approve nonformal educational activities, such as workshops or conferences for water resources professionals, as qualifying for continuing education credit, but may choose to grant credit at less than an hour-for-hour basis.
(3) Certified water right examiners may submit proof of their continuing education credits to the CWRE coordinator at any time.
(4) Ecology will notify certified water right examiners of their qualifying education status in their certification renewal letter.
(5) Ecology will not renew the CWRE certification until receipt of evidence that the certified water right examiner has completed the required continuing education hours.
(6) Ecology will apply continuing education hours earned in the following order:
(a) Overdue hours needed to renew certification during the ninety-day grace period.
(b) Hours needed for the next certification renewal.
(7) Certified water right examiners may not carry over continuing education hours for future credit in excess of the annually required eight hours.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 90.03.665(11), 43.27A.090(11), and 43.21A.064(9). WSR 12-24-031 (Order 11-03), Â§ 173-165-090, filed 11/28/12, effective 12/29/12.]