State Affairs and Government
Business Fast-Start Office
§ 42-132-2 Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Director" means the director of the secretary of state's
first stop business information center;
(2) "Department" means the secretary of state's office;
(3) "License" means any certificate, permit or other
evidence, by whatever name called, of a right or privilege to engage in any
business activity, except occupational licenses;
(4) "Occupational license" means any certificate, permit or
other evidence, by whatever name called, of a right or privilege to engage in a
profession, occupation, or field of endeavor that is issued by an occupational
(5) "Occupational licensing agency" means any board,
commission, committee, or other agency of this state that is established for
the primary purpose of regulating the admission or conduct of persons in a
particular profession, occupation, or field of endeavor, and is authorized to
issue and revoke licenses. The term does not include a state agency or
department that issues permits or licenses as only part of its regular function;
(6) "Office" means the first stop business information center.
History of Section.
(P.L. 2001, ch. 117, § 1.)