WACs > Title 16 > Chapter 16-565 > Section 16-565-010
Beginning of Chapter
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
Definition of terms.
For the purpose of this marketing order:
(1) "Director" means the director of agriculture of the state of Washington or his duly appointed representative.
(2) "Department" means the department of agriculture of the state of Washington.
(3) "Act" means the Washington Agricultural Enabling Act of 1961 or chapter 15.65 RCW.
(4) "Person" means any person, firm, association, or corporation.
(5) "Affected producer" means any person who produces cranberries in the state of Washington, in commercial quantities for fresh market, for processing, or for sale to processors.
(6) "Commercial quantity" means any cranberries produced for a market, by a producer in any calendar year.
(7) "Handler" means any person who acts as principal or agent or otherwise in processing, selling, marketing, or distributing cranberries not produced by him.
(8) "Cranberry commodity board," hereinafter referred to as "board," means the commodity board formed under the provisions of WAC 16-565-020.
(9) "Cranberries" means and includes all kinds, varieties, and hybrids of "vaccinium macrocarpon" grown and marketed in the state of Washington.
(10) "Fiscal year" means the twelve-month period beginning with September 1 of any year and ending with the last day of August following, both dates being inclusive.
(11) "Producer-handler" means any person who acts both as a producer and as a handler with respect to cranberries. A producer-handler shall be deemed to be a producer with respect to the cranberries which he produces and a handler with respect to the cranberries which he handles, including those produced by himself.
(12) "Affected area" means the state of Washington.
(13) "Sell" includes offer for sale, expose for sale, have in possession for sale, exchange, barter, or trade, other than those sold retail by the producer.
(14) "Affected unit" means one hundred pounds (barrel) net of cranberries.
(15) "Substantial portion" means five percent or more.
(16) "Order" means marketing order.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 15.65.380. WSR 85-15-018 (Order 1864), Â§ 16-565-010, filed 7/8/85. Statutory Authority: Chapter 15.65 RCW. WSR 80-13-037 (Order 1713), Â§ 16-565-010, filed 9/12/80, effective 10/13/80.]