1996 No. 2579
The Civil Courts (Amendment No. 3) Order 1996
10th October 1996
Laid before Parliament
14th October 1996
Coming into force
4th November 1996
The Lord Chancellor, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 99(1) of the Supreme Court Act 1981(1), sections 2(1) and 26 of the County Courts Act 1984(2) and by sections 117(4) and 374 of the Insolvency Act 1986(3), hereby makes the following Order: —
Citation and commencement
1. This Order may be cited as the Civil Courts (Amendment No. 3) Order 1996 and shall come into force on 4th November 1996.
2. In this Order, “the 1983 Order” means the Civil Courts Order 1983(4), and an article or Schedule referred to by number alone means the article or Schedule so numbered in that Order.
Amendments to the 1983 Order
3. In paragraph (2) of article 4: —
(a)the following words shall be inserted at the end: —
“and the name of the district registry at Torquay shall be the Torquay and Newton Abbot District Registry”; and
“,” shall be substituted for the word “and”.
4. In Schedule 1 the word “Goole” shall be omitted from the second column opposite the entry for Kingston upon Hull and reinserted in the second column opposite the entry relating to Doncaster.
5. In Schedule 1 the words “Torquay and Newton Abbot” shall be substituted for the word “Torquay” in the second column opposite the entry relating to Torquay.
6. In Schedule 3 in the entry relating to Doncaster, the words “Kingston upon Hull” shall be substituted for the word “Leeds” in the third column.
7. In Schedule 3 in the entry relating to Goole, the word “Doncaster” shall be substituted for the word “Wakefield” in the fourth column.
8. In Schedule 4 after paragraph 11 there shall be inserted the following: —
“11A. The name of the county court at Torquay shall be the Torquay and Newton Abbot County Court..”
Mackay of Clashfern, C.
10th October 1996
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order amends the Civil Courts Order 1983 so as to: —
(a)change the name of the Torquay District Registry to the Torquay and Newton Abbot District Registry (article 3);
(b)make Goole County Court a district of Doncaster District Registry, instead of Kingston upon Hull District Registry (for the purposes of defining a district of a District Registry in Schedule 1 to the 1983 Order) (article 4);
(c)change the name of the Torquay County Court to the Torquay and Newton County Court (articles 5 and 8);
(d)assign Doncaster to Kingston upon Hull County Court instead of Leeds County Court for Admiralty purposes (article 6); and
(e)attach Goole to Doncaster County Court, instead of Wakefield County Court for the purposes of insolvency and winding up petitions (article 7).
1981 c. 54.
1984 c. 28.
1986 c. 45.
S.I. 1983/713; the relevant amending instruments are S.I. 1986/754, 2207, 1994/706, 2893 and 1996/588.