1996 No. 3026
HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND AND WALES
The A41 Trunk Road (Leavesden Slip Road) Order 1996
28th November 1996
Coming into force
3rd January 1997
The Secretary of State for Transport makes this Order in exercise of powers conferred by sections 10 and 41 of the Highways Act 1980(1) and now vested in him(2), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf: —
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the A41 Trunk Road (Leavesden Slip Road) Order 1996 and shall come into force on 3rd January 1997.
(2) In this Order all measurements of distance are measured along the route of the relevant highway.
2. The new highway which the Secretary of State proposes to construct along the route described in the Schedule to this Order (the highway along that route being in this Order referred to as “the new slip road”), shall become a trunk road from the date when this Order comes into force.
3. The centre line of the new slip road is indicated by a heavy black line on the deposited plan.
4. The Secretary of State directs as respects any part of a highway which crosses the route of the new slip road that —
(a)where the highway is maintainable at the public expense by a local highway authority, the part in question shall be maintained by that authority; and
(b)where the highway is not so maintainable and is not maintainable under a special enactment or by reason of tenure, enclosure or prescription, the Secretary of State shall be under no duty to maintain the part in question,
until, in either case, a date to be specified in a notice given by the Secretary of State to the highway authority for that highway. The date specified will not be later than the date on which the new slip road is opened for traffic.
5. In this Order: —
(1) “the deposited plan” means the plan numbered SNPR96/5, marked “The A41 Trunk Road (Leavesden Slip Road) Order 1996”, signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport and deposited at the Department of Transport, Great Minster House, Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DR; and
(2) “the trunk road” means the A41 Trunk Road.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
A D Rowland
Director Southern Network Management Division Highways Agency
28th November 1996
THE SCHEDULEROUTE OF THE NEW SLIP ROAD
A route about 430 metres in length to connect the eastbound carriageway of the trunk road with other new highways to be constructed by the Secretary of State and with the existing eastbound off slip road southeast of Leavesden Aerodrome in the County of Hertfordshire.
1980 c. 66.