Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
1996 No. 139
ROAD TRAFFIC AND VEHICLES
Goods Vehicles (Testing) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1996
2nd April 1996
Coming into operation
3rd June 1996
The Department of the Environment, in exercise of the powers conferred on it by Articles 65(1) and (2), 67(1) and 110(2) of the Road Traffic (Northern Ireland) Order 1995(1) and of every other power enabling it in that behalf, hereby makes the following Regulations:
Citation and commencement
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Goods Vehicles (Testing) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1996 and shall come into operation on 3rd June 1996.
Amendment of the Goods Vehicles (Testing) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1995
2. The Goods Vehicles (Testing) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1995(2) shall be amended as follows—
(1) In regulation 24(1) (computation of time), in the first line, for the words “Save in regulation 18(1)(d)” there shall be substituted “Save in regulations 13(4), 17(2), 18(1)(d)”.
(2) In Schedule 1—
(a)in Part I for “£21·00” there shall be substituted “£22·00”; and
(b)in Part II for “£10·50” there shall be substituted “£11·00”.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of the Environment on.
2nd April 1996
(This note is not part of the Regulations).
These Regulations amend the Goods Vehicles (Testing) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1995 as follows—
1. The periods of 21 days and 14 days referred to in regulation 13(4) (application for re-tests following first tests or periodical tests) and regulation 17(2) (appeals) respectively are now consecutive days (previously Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays were excluded).
2. By increasing fees payable in respect of a trailer—
(a)on application for a test or a re-test or an appeal, from £21·00 to £22·00; and
(b)where an application for a re-test is made within 21 days from the date of service of a notice of refusal and the vehicle is presented on the date and at a time appointed by the Department, from £10·50 to £11·00.
S.I. 1995/2994 (N.I. 18); see Article 2(2) for the definition of “the Department”
S.R. 1995 No. 450