Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
1996 No. 229
The Suckler Cow Premium (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1996
7th June 1996
Coming into operation
1st July 1996
The Department of Agriculture being a Department designated(1) for the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972(2) in relation to the common agricultural policy of the European Community, in exercise of the powers conferred upon it by the said section 2(2) and of every other power enabling it in that behalf, hereby makes the following Regulations:—
Citation and commencement
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Suckler Cow Premium (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1996 and shall come into operation on 1st July 1996.
2.—(1) In these Regulations, “the principal Regulations” means The Suckler Cow Premium Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1993(3); and
(2) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954(4) shall apply to these Regulations as it applies to a Measure of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
3. In paragraph (1) of regulation 3 (applications) of the principal Regulations substitute “6th December” for “8th December”.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland on .
7th June 1996
(This note is not part of the Regulations.)
1. These Regulations make a minor amendment to the Suckler Cow Premium Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1993 (S.R. No. 280 as amended by S.R. 1994 No. 211 and S.R. 1995 No. 246).
2. The amendment is that there is substituted a revised closing date for Suckler Cow premium applications (6th December) for the existing one (8th December).
3. The legal base for the payment of suckler cow premium continues to be Article 4d of Council Regulation (EEC) No. 805/68 (O.J. No. L.148, 28.6.68 p. 24) (O.J./S.E. 1968, Vol. 1, p. 187). Article 4d was inserted by Council Regulation (EEC) No. 2066/92 (O.J. No. L.215, 30.7.92, p. 49).
1972 c. 68; section 2 is subject to Schedule 2 to that Act and is to be read with S.I. 1984/703 (N.I. 3), S.R. (N.I.) 1984 No. 253
S.R. 1993 No. 280 as amended by S.R. 1994 No. 211 and S.R. 1995 No. 246
1954 c. 33 (N.I.)