Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
1996 No. 352
ROAD TRAFFIC AND VEHICLES
Taxis (Strabane) (Amendment) Bye-Laws (Northern Ireland) 1996
30th July 1996
Coming into operation
9th September 1996
The Department of the Environment, in exercise of the powers conferred on it by Article 65(1) and (2) of the Road Traffic (Northern Ireland) Order 1981(1), and of every other power enabling it in that behalf, hereby makes the following Bye-Laws:
Citation and commencement
1. These Bye-Laws may be cited as the Taxis (Strabane) (Amendment) Bye-Laws (Northern Ireland) 1996 and shall come into operation on 9th September 1996.
2. In the Schedule to the Taxis (Strabane) Bye-Laws (Northern Ireland) 1988(2)—
(1) for the entry relating to Main Street there shall be substituted—
South-west side, from a point approximately 13 metres south-east of its junction with Lower Main Street for a distance of approximately 29 metres in a south-easterly direction.
(2) the entry relating to Market Street shall be omitted.
3. The Taxis (Strabane) (Amendment) Bye-Laws (Northern Ireland) 1991(3) are hereby revoked.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of the Environment on 30th July 1996.
(This note is not part of the Bye-Laws.)
These Bye-Laws amend the Taxis (Strabane) Bye-Laws (Northern Ireland) 1988 by—
(1) increasing from four to six the number of taxis which may stand at Main Street, Strabane and altering and extending the location of such taxi stand; and
(2) abolishing the taxi stand in Market Street, Strabane.
Consequently the Taxis (Strabane) (Amendment) Bye-Laws (Northern Ireland) 1991 are revoked.
S.I. 1981/154 (N.I. 1); see Article 2(2) for the definition of “Department”
S.R. 1988 No. 49; relevant amending Bye-Laws are S.R. 1991 No. 323
S.R. 1991 No. 323