1996 No. 413 (S.29)
ARMORIAL BEARINGS, ENSIGNS AND FLAGS
The Lyon Court and Office Fees (Variation) Order 1996
20th February 1996
Laid before Parliament
7th March 1996
Coming into force
1st April 1996
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 5 of, as read with paragraph 3 of Schedule 3 to, the Public Expenditure and Receipts Act 1968(1), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby makes the following Order:
Citation and commencement
1. This Order may be cited as the Lyon Court and Office Fees (Variation) Order 1996 and shall come into force on 1st April 1996.
Variation of fees
2. Schedule B to the Lyon King of Arms Act 1867(2) shall be amended in accordance with article 3 of, and the Schedule to, this Order.
3. In relation to those matters in Schedule B which are specified in column 1 of the Schedule to this Order, the fees payable shall be varied by substituting the fees specified in column 2 of the Schedule to this Order for the fees specified in column 3 of that Schedule (being the fees payable immediately prior to the coming into force of this Order).
4. The Lyon Court and Office Fees (Variation) Order 1995(3) is hereby revoked.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Scottish Office
St Andrew’s House,
20th February 1996
Articles 2 and 3
(Matter to which fee relates)
(Fee payable) £
(Fee formerly payable)(4) £
1. On every patent of arms with supporters
2. On every patent of arms without supporters
3. On every matriculation of arms with supporters, without a new patent
4. On every matriculation of arms without supporters, without a new patent
5. On every matriculation of arms without a new patent of arms, but with a patent of supporters
6. On every genealogy recorded
7. Additional for each member of the pedigree
8. Certificate regarding change of surname
9. Search in register of arms
10. Search in register of genealogies
11. General search in heraldic MSS
12. General search in genealogical MSS
13. On every extract from a register
14. On entering a caveat
15. On admission of a messenger-at-arms
16. Annual dues of a messenger-at-arms
17. On recording resignation or change of residence of a messenger
18. On search for a messenger’s cautioner
19. On every certified statement of name and designation of such cautioner, and date of bond
20. On extracting each warrant, decree, or precept of suspension—
each subsequent sheet
21. On affixing seal of office to warrant, decree or precept
22. On examining executions of service and intimations of precepts of suspension, marking them on the record and giving out certificates
23. On lending process and taking receipt
24. On return of process and scoring receipt
25. On re-admission of a messenger-at-arms
26. On the appointment of a herald
27. On the appointment of a pursuivant
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order varies the fees for matters listed in Schedule B to the Lyon King of Arms Act 1867.
The matters concerned are specified in column 1 of the Schedule to the Order. Column 2 of the Schedule lists the new fees and column 3 lists the fees which are to be replaced. The fees were last varied in 1995 and the fees specified in this Order represent an increase on average of approximately 3%.
The fees contained in Schedule B to the 1867 Act are exclusive of stamp duty when stamp duty is exigible.
1968 c. 14.
1867 c. 17; Schedule B was last amended by S.I. 1995/132.
This column shows the fees which were payable under Schedule B to the Lyon King of Arms Act 1867 as amended by S.I. 1995/132 before the coming into force of the Lyon Court and Office Fees (Variation) Order 1996 (S.I. 1996/413) on 1st April 1996.