This Statutory Instrument has been made in consequence of a defect in S.I. 1994/3259 and is being issued free of charge to all known recipients of that Statutory Instrument.
1995 No. 68
The Electricity (Non–Fossil Fuel Sources) (England and Wales) (Amendment) Order 1995
12th January 1995
Laid before Parliament
16th January 1995
Coming into force
17th January 1995
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 32(1) and (2) of the Electricity Act 1989(1), and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, after consultation in accordance with the requirements of the said section 32(1), hereby makes the following Order:—
Citation, commencement and application
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Electricity (Non–Fossil Fuel Sources) (England and Wales) (Amendment) Order 1995 and shall come into force on 17th January 1995.
(2) This Order does not apply to Scotland.
2. In this Order “the principal Order” means the Electricity (Non–Fossil Fuel Sources) (England and Wales) Order 1994(2).
Amendment of principal Order
3.—(1) Tables A to G in Schedule 1 (specified aggregate amounts of generating capacity) to the principal Order shall be amended in accordance with the following provisions of this article.
(2) In each of Tables A, B, F and G for each of the figures in the column headed 18 there shall be substituted the figure “0.000”.
(3) In Table C for the figures in the column headed 19 there shall be substituted the following figures—
Eastern Group Plc
East Midlands Electricity Plc
London Electricity Plc
Midlands Electricity Plc
Northern Electric Plc
Southern Electric Plc
South Wales Electricity Plc
South Western Electricity Plc
Yorkshire Electricity Group Plc
(4) In Table D for each of the figures in the column headed 17 there shall be substituted the figure “0.000”.
(5) In Table E for each of the figures in the column headed 19 there shall be substituted the figure “0.000”.
(6) In each of Tables A to G for the words “period 19 means 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014” there shall be substituted the words “period 19 means 1 April 2013 to 28 August 2013”.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Industry and Energy,
Department of Trade and Industry
12th January 1995
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order amends Tables A to G in Schedule 1 to the Electricity (Non–Fossil Fuel Sources) (England and Wales) Order 1994.
It removes the obligation on public electricity suppliers in England and Wales to make arrangements to secure the availability during the following periods (as defined in the Tables) of generating capacity from non–fossil fuel generating stations of the descriptions specified in the heading to the Tables mentioned below against each such period—
(a)period 17 – Table D;
(b)period 18 – Tables A, B, F and G; and
(c)period 19 – Table E.
It also amends the definition of period 19 in Tables A to G and reduces the aggregate amounts of generating capacity specified in Table C in respect of period 19.
1989 c. 29.